No products in the shopping cart.
These rich and chewy vegan peanut butter & pretzel blondies are a show stopper. They’re not only gluten- and refined sugar-free, but also completely plant-based. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy with friends and family.
Creamy wholesome peanut butter and deliciously salty gluten-free pretzels mixed into these ultra fudgey plant-based blondies. If you are a chocolate freak like me, fold in some stevia sweetened chocolate chips, that way you get an extra hit of gooey chocolate. Almost Nobody can pass up some chocolate and peanut butter right? It will take a lot of willpower to not eat the whole batch all by yourself, so make sure you let your loved ones have a taste first. It would be a waste not to share these!
Needing only 10 minutes to prepare, the recipe for these tasty blondie squares is super easy and you won’t need any butter, eggs or dairy to create this fudgey goodness. As an egg substitute I used a couple tablespoons of Mila® It is gluten-free, trans-fat free, sugar-free, and is a superior plant-based source of protein and fiber. Mila® is a whole, raw super food and a natural source of omega-3s, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. If you are curious, it’s a great alternative to eggs when making vegan baked goods. Check out more of their products here.
What You Need
- To prepare these delightful blondies you will need a square brownie pan. For mine I used a 9×9 inch pan. Worked out perfectly with measurements, but I’m pretty sure an 8 inch pan will do the job fine.
- If you are a health food motivated paleo-friendly/vegan baker like me you will probably have all ingredients at home already. In case you are missing the gluten-free pretzels or chocolate chips and don’t have time to go to the store, you can either leave them out of the recipe completely, or use peanuts, almonds, etc. instead.
- Be sure to use peanut butter though or any other nut butter if paleo is preferred. The chewiness highly depends on this If you want to obtain the classic light look of a blondie, be sure to use golden coconut sugar. It’s a lot lighter than the regular kind you get from the store.
- After baking and before slicing the blondies, make sure to let them cool for at least 15 minutes. The center tends to be more fragile when still hot and it will be easier to cut them when cooled down.
1. Line a 9 inch square brownie pan with parchment paper* and preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium sized bowl add milk and chia seeds. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes. Add coconut sugar, peanut butter and maple syrup and combine well.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl add all dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips) and combine. Add into wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and transfer half of the batter into the lined brownie pan. Spread evenly with a spatula if batter is too sticky.
5. Gently press 16 pretzel pieces into the batter. Cover with rest of batter and repeat process with pretzels. If preferred sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
6. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before slicing into squares.